The small tree house sleeps 2-3 people. Each Treehouse is:
- Tucked away in the woods out of view from the others.
- Nestles in the trees on the edge of the Edisto.
- Privately accessed by canoe of kayak.
- Constructed out of completely natural and local materials.
- Cooked utensils, futons, hammocks, camp chairs, fir pits are provided.
- Screened with a well vented sleeping area.
- Outdoor grill and picnic table.
- Lit with tourches and oil candles.
- Every Treehouse has a great view of the river.
Treehouse package includes canoeing:
- Shuttle service,
- Secure parking, trip logistics… walking trails through 100 acres of our Private Wildlife Refuge, 1 1/2 miles of riverfront…
The treehouses are a half-way stop on a 23-mile canoe trip on an undeveloped river. They are comfortable camping… off the grid… no electricity… no running water (except of course the river). They are lit with oil candles, have a furnished kitchen and propane stovetop, futons and pillows, an outdoor propane grill and tiki torches, and outhouses. You bring a cooler of food, beverages, and sleeping bag/pillow case.
Meet us in the morning for your shuttle upriver, paddle 13 miles to your treehouse, and stay a night or more in your cozy perch, enjoying walking trails and summer swimming. Next day checkout from the treehouse is any time up til 11:00; continue paddling downriver 10 miles, about 3 hours, ending up back at our outpost/your car.
We recommend that you have canoeing experience sufficient to steer around fallen trees on outside bends in a moderate flow (1-3 knots). This is a self-guided trip.
Children: we recommend that children be 11 or older
Sorry, no pets.